Since 2001, the veterinarians and support staff at Point Vicente Animal Hospital have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that avians & exotics are part of the family, yours and ours. At Point Vicente Animal Hospital we offer preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services.
Pets are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most pets will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a pet may show will be very subtle. Any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Because the medical needs of exotic pets are unique, our hospital utilizes specialized equipment and facilities specific to exotics. Our skilled team is trained to handle exotics who have special needs.
Exotic Health Services and Treatments
At Point Vicente Animal Hospital we specialize in the following Avian and Exotic health services for pets of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Avian Diagnostics: Birds commonly face a number of respiratory issues that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, diagnostic testing can help us identify and properly treat the root cause
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your pet stays safe while under anesthesia
- Avian Grooming: Maintaining a healthy beak, nails and wings are an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your dental conditions, including abscesses
- Dermatology: Diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment. However, if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians and technicians to accurately diagnose your pet's condition so that the proper treatment can be prescribed
- Emergency Care: We specialize in comprehensive emergency care, and our facilities are designed to address any veterinary emergency your pet may have
- Flea, Tick & Mites: We employ safe and effective flea, tick & mite treatments for your Avian and Exotic pets
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for you exotic in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illness
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your pet regardless of age, ability, or condition Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your pet has a long healthy life
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment and staff offer your pet the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Rabbit Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your rabbit's needs
Make An Appointment With Point Vicente Animal Hospital Today
Our success as an Avian And Exotics hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our patients and clients. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our hospital staff will ensure that your next visit to our hospital will resonate with care, respect, transparency and compassion. Schedule an appointment today.