In Case of an Emergency
In the event of an emergency during our normal office hours, please call ahead if possible and proceed directly to our practice!
If you have an emergency outside of our regular business hours, we recommend that you contact one of the following emergency facilities:
We Are Ready For Emergency Care
Our facility is staffed and equipped to respond to any medical or surgical need. From simple as a bee sting to severe trauma, our staff are prepared to care for your pet and help you through a stressful time.
We strive to provide our patients' human companions with prompt, attentive, compassionate and personal service from the very first moment a patient arrives. This includes establishing a quick, clear line of communication with the pet parent. We want you to be informed and comforted throughout the process, because we know how important and irreplaceable your beloved family friend is to you and your family.
Our Animal Hospital Is Prepared For Critical Situations, Such As:
- Traumatic injuries - fractures, bites, burns, lacerations
- Automobile accidents
- Respiratory emergencies, choking, breathing problems
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Shock or loss of consciousness
- Toxic reactions, poison ingestion
- Labor and pregnancy problems
- Blood in urine or feces
- Postoperative or post-anesthetic problems
- Pain management
- Inability or unwillingness to eat
- and more...
When every second counts, PVAH Veterinary team is here to help you and your pet overcome whatever medical crisis is taking place. Our animal hospital provides immediate care for your pet without the need for an appointment or any advance notice whatsoever.
When possible, please call us before you come or when you are on your way, so that we can prepare for your arrival. However, we do not want to add to the time it takes to get your pet the emergency vet care services they need. If your pet needs emergency services in the Palos Verdes area we are here for you!
- Nutritional support
- Advanced pain management
- Continuous rate infusion for IV fluids and meds
- Pulse-Oximetry, End-Tidal CO2, blood pressure and continuous ECG monitoring
- Oxygen therapy
- Digital radiography and ultrasound
- Emergency surgery
- Complete diagnostic lab for immediate test results